Re: Flasher Lamp Rim Replacement

To: barry@coatings.net.au, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flasher Lamp Rim Replacement
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:44:02 EST
In a message dated 3/10/2006 10:20:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
barry@coatings.net.au writes:

Does  anyone have any tips on how to replace the chrome flasher lamp trim on
a Mk  II Spitfire? I replaced the rubber boots because they were perished  and
managed to get the amber lens back in place however getting the chrome  trim
in under the rim of the rubber boot is proving to be nearly  impossible.

==AM==
Barry, it's really not that difficult. All you need is the proper tool,
which can be as simple as a very small, flat-blade screwdriver that you use to
"work" the rubber over the chrome retainer ring. It might slip (might? almost
always does for me at least once!), so it can't hurt to just throw a bit of
masking tape on the paint surrounding the lamp body to stop scratches.

It's one of those frustrating little tasks that seems rather easy once
you've done it successfully!

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org