Electric Cooling Fan Isn't

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Electric Cooling Fan Isn't
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@dccnet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:49:50 -0700
My 80/81 must have let the smoke out of the wires that go to the electric
cooling fan, as it has stopped spinning.

Electricity is one of the world's marvels to me, could someone please help?

Current taken from the battery and applied directly to the two terminals on
the fan produces no results.
Audible continuity tester applied to the two terminals results in an audible
sound (!)

Can anyone suggest tests that would narrow this problem down, or sell me a new
motor if that is what's needed.

Sorry for the cross-posts!

Nick Moseley
76-81 Spits (yes, one of the few parts not interchangeable)
Vancouver B.C.
(NASS 278)

===     http://www.vtr.org