Some Questions about my car when you have time to read...

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Some Questions about my car when you have time to read...
From: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 18:55:25 -0700 (PDT)
I bought the car 10 days ago... Has been sitting for 7
months. I rewired starter switch (needed for bad
starter) and replaced starter solenoid. Car ran good
with no choke (it's manual and not working? It will
not pull out from switch under dash, needs replacing).
This is a 1975 1500 with a Weber DGV, Piranah elec
ignition and header, the rest is stock.

Car idles and starts fine. Before it's first initial
fire-up last weekend, I added some HEAT water reducer
to the the tank along with a bottle of Gum-Out gas
cleaner. It has 1/2 tank of fresh gas. The car starts
fine (Ether used in place of functional choke...works
every time). The car runs great when first fired up, I
replaced the wires/plugs today.

When the car gets warm, it idles rough and tries to
die at idle unless it is 2-footed? Where do I need to
go next? I am thinking new coil...The car runs out
well. It is a booger to get into 1st gear with out the
double-clutch method and sometimes bogs down on
acceleration in 2nd and 3rd...

Also, the brake lights do not work. Bulbs are good and
light up fine with headlights on.

And... Backup lights, same problem.

I know this sounds easy to some but when you are
impatient and anal, you tend to overlook the obvious.

Thanks for ALL of your help and I hope everyone
enjoyed their long weekend!

Shane Sizemore
Douglasville GA

===     http://www.vtr.org