[Spit] Oil Pressure switch problem

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spit] Oil Pressure switch problem
From: "Jim Dwyer" <jim.dwyer@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 14:21:59 -0400
I removed then replaced the Oil Pressure Switch on the engine block (so I
could remove the starter) and now when the car is off the oil pressure
warning light comes on and stays on.  I plugged the 3 wires back in their
correct positions.

The oil pressure switch has three terminals: to ground, to the oil pressure
warning light and to the Anti-run-on valve.

Several seconds after I shut off the engine I hear a click and then the oil
pressure lights comes on.  I did not know this was happening and it drained
my battery after a couple of days.

Any idea how to fix this?

Is the oil pressure switch faulty? or does it have to be in a certian
orientation to work properly.  I could turn it into the block some more.

Does the Anit-run-on valve have anything to do with this?  Is the
anti-run-on valve located on the passenger side in front of the radiator?  A
black cylinder thing.

It seems to work fine when the car is running.  The green light goes off
when teh car is running.

Thanks

Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org