RE: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A windscreen removal
From: mark.jones@exxonmobil.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:27:19 -0400
Brian,

I know a number of people who have sent their distributors off to Jeff
Schlemmer, Advanced Distributors, MN, 612-804-5543,
www.advanceddistributors.com, jschlemmer1@mn.rr.com and have been very
happy with the service.  I sent mine to another fella in OH, who did a good
job but I would not recommend using.

In terms of timing at high rpms with a standard timing gun, I read
somewhere that suggested setting the crank pulley timing mark to 20 deg
BTDC and then put a mark on the pulley where the pointer says TDC.  Start
the car and rev it up to 2500 rpm, or whatever the book says and now line
your second mark on the pulley with the pointer's 12 deg BTDC to give you
32 deg BTDC. (I think I have that right).

Mark
1980 Spitfire