Re: [Spits] 79 Spitfire with SU carbs

To: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] 79 Spitfire with SU carbs
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 04:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
The moment it starts stumbling, pull out the choke
partway and see if it gets better.  If so, it suggests
that it is leaning out at high RPMs.

Also, does it stumble instantly at high RPMs, or is it
only after several seconds of full-throttle running,
like when merging onto a freeway?  That is the classic
symptom of a clogged fuel filter , lines, etc.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

 So we rotated the