Re: [Spits] Sun visor concerns

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Sun visor concerns
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:49:37 -0500
On 7 Mar 2008 at 22:35, John Macartney wrote:

> Has anyone worked out a way of how to
> re-tension the sun visor to stop it flip-flopping
> about its screen monted stay?

My experience has been that the problem is the other way around, how
to get it to move at all after it has rusted sufficiently inside.

Which I'm sure you know this already, but if you remove the visor
from the windshield frame you can remove the rods.  They are just
single-ended rods stuck into spring-like brackets, so you can just
pull them out.  So you should be able to squeeze together the clips
inside the leading edge of the visor to make them grip the rod
tighter.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com