[Spits] '66 GT6 Mk I for sale

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] '66 GT6 Mk I for sale
From: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 10:47:54 -0600
Greetings all,

Some of you might remember this posting from several months ago.  The deal I
made then has fallen through, so Im throwing it out there again for the
consideration of all.  It still pains me to sell it, but the circumstances
havent changed.  My 66 GT6 restoration project must go.  When I bought it
2 = years ago I thought I would be able to restore it.  Perhaps my original
ambition was wishful thinking, but it is now clear it will be many years
before Im in the position to do this car justice.

It is a fairly early car, with the commission number of 1KC2515L.  It is one
of the CKD kit cars that was assembled in Belgium.  A member of these
lists, whos opinions and knowledge I trust, believes that it was originally
sold in West Germany.  I dont know.  I have a bunch of pictures of the car
and the pieces that I got with it that I can email, if youre interested.
This is a project car.  The body will need rockers and floors, plus patch
panels on the lower rear wings.  It comes with some of the needed body
panels.  It has wire wheels with new tires.  The bonnet has a couple of
dents, but is solid overall.  The seats are there, but need to be redone.
The rest of the interior trim panels are gone.  The dash is complete, but
the rim of the steering wheel has lost its covering.  There is a lot more
that is slipping my mind right now.  Feel free to ask any questions.

Now the nitty-gritty:  The Mk Is are getting too rare to just strip this
car for parts.  I will not sell this car to anyone who wants to part it out!
If that is your plan, dont even bother to ask.  If all I get are parts
hounds, I will keep the car.  What I want is to find someone who has the
desire and wherewithal to restore this car.  I paid $1000 in 2005 for the
car, and that is what Im asking now.  It has been stored inside since I
bought it, and is currently located near Oklahoma City, OK.  There is a
clean Minnesota title.

Please contact me off list if you are interested.  Thanks for your
consideration.

BillG

NASS #133