Re: [Spits] Swing Spring

To: "'Alex Cherington'" <a_flying_scotsman@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spits] Swing Spring
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:40:29 -0700
Yeah, I did it with My first Mk1.  I have to say that while it was an
improvement it was woefully inadequate.  The swing spring induces much body
roll and that was not to my liking.

Later I started manufacturing a reproduction of the original Kas Kastner
designed camber compensator and replaced the swing-spring with one of them
and have never looked back.

You will find that the swing spring works more properly when accompanied
with the longer axles that were introduced during the MkIV series (Probably
because Triumph found that the swing spring didn't work particularly well
with the shorter axles)

Sorry, but you asked!

Joe Curry