[Spits] Vacuum port

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Vacuum port
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:55:01 -0500
I have a Weber DCOE on my Spit. It has no vacuum port. The Cannon intake
manifold has a plugged port on one runner. Can this port be used as a
vacuum port for the distributor or a vacuum gauge or is it to be used
for emmissions like the valve cover vent. I have the vacuum advance
Delco distributor on right now, with the vacuum hose plugged. I do have
a  Mallory dual point distributor that is all mechanical advance but I
have to drill the shaft to get the oil pump dog on, which I am not
anxious to do!

Larry