Re: [Spits] PDWA valve

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] PDWA valve
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 13:08:49 -0400 (EDT)
> I did some brake work on my 76 Spit this past winter...
> my brake warning light came on and I am having trouble
> centering the shuttle... Does anyone have advice with
> this problem?

When I got my GT6 the PDWA wasn't centered, and when I rebuilt the Spitfie's
brakes it got uncentered.  For the GT6 I ended up taking the PDWDWA apart to
free the piston, then installed it with the piston centered and was careful not
to overpush the pedal when bleeding the brakes.  At least I think I remember
that's what I did; in any case, the PWDWAMDWA was centered when I was done.  On
the Spitfire I centered the PDMDWAMPDWADA the way you're supposed to:  After
everything is bled (blud?), open a valve slightly on one end of the car, then
slowly depress the pedal until the light goes off.  If it doesn't, then the
piston's position must be that it is slud over to the other side, so close the
first valve and open one from the other end of the car.  When you are pushing
the pedal be careful not to push it so fast that it just jumps top the other
side immediately.  And since you have to do this with the system powered, you
might want to disconnect the wire to the coil, or test th!
e switch by attaching an external light or something.

Jim Muller
GT6+, Spitfire