Re: [Spits] Emailing: 80 Spit engine + clean out camera 110

To: Nick Moseley <nmoseley@dccnet.com>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Emailing: 80 Spit engine + clean out camera 110
From: <rdambra1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:53:57 -0400
Thanks Nick, it does help. I'm mounting straight to the block itself, no rear
engine plate is on it. I'm starting a restoration and I'm a little apprehensive
of the small bolt diameter that will go into the block casting. I have fears
that the whole thing will break. I'm also using a cheap "Harbor Freight " type
engine stand. The hardware that comes with it is obviously meant to be used
with big American car type engines. The metal tubes that came with it are also
fairly large in diameter, so I'll probably will just add some washers to
distribute the weight over a larger surface area. I'm not sure if I'll even use
the large metal plates that came with it. Maybe I can bolt the block directly
to the "spider" bar, which then slips into the stand's hole.
thanks,
Bob Dambrauskas