[Spits] rear brake hoses

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] rear brake hoses
From: "Stuart Greenwood" <sagreenwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:49:18 -0700
When I was removing the outer drive shafts from my 1971 MkIV spit I noticed
that the flex brake hose ( I have the Aeroquipe  type) are only just long
enough when the car is jacked up and the rear suspension is fully unloaded and
drops until the shock absorber is fully extended.  When I look in the Mk IV
ROM, section 70.15.17 there is a nice drawing showing that flex holes connects
to the rear wheel cylinder.... as mine does. However in the Rimmers catalogue,
page 106 it suggests that the flex hose doesn't connect to the cylinder but to
another length of pipe before it goes to the cylinder.  Is the Rimmers picture
just for the single line system fitted to early cars rather than the tandem
dual line system?

Stuart A Greenwood
sagreenwood@earthlink.net
Triumph Spiitfire Mk IV, Triumph Stag Mk I