Re: [Spits] High-torque starter fitting

To: 'Matthew Milkevitch' <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spits] High-torque starter fitting
From: Jim Holmgren <Jim.Holmgren@corp.aol.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:56:49 -0400
Hi Matt,
What kind of starter did you get?  I just put one on my '75 a couple of weeks
ago, I had no problem with it.

I got the one that Ted Schumacher sells, it swivels a full 360* in about 20*
increments so you can adjust the angle on it.

Slightly blurry picture of it in-situ here on my website:
http://www.littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/starter/P1010022

You can see that the solenoid is below the steering arm, just above the
frame.

Picture of the indexing holes:
http://www.littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/starter/P1010020

On Ted's starter, you have to remove two 'set screws' from the holes, when you
do that, the entire mount plate swivels freely.  It was really easy to set in
place, swivel it around to the proper angle, then pull it out and install the
set screws to maintain that angle.

If you get "Spitfire & GT6 Magazine", I have an article on the installation in
the upcoming issue.

Hope this helps!
Jim

Jim
NASS #302
NASS Club Secretary
'75 Spitfire 1500 w/OD
www.littlebluespitfire.com
York, PA

The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s)
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
email in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete the email
from any computer.