[Spits] Spitfire/GT6 side marker lamp rubber

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Spitfire/GT6 side marker lamp rubber
From: "v6spitfireguy@cox.net" <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:11:23 -0400
Guys,
I Don't usually toot suppliers horns as a general rule on the lists, but....
As you may know, the rubber surrounds for the side marker lamps has been
unavailable for some time now, and most people have sets that have long
been rotted by the weather/elements - Getting good used ones is just as
hard, and sadly mine have succumbed to the rot after nearly forty years of
pampered life.  But I found that Spitsbits carries them, I wasn't aware of
that until just the other day - These are absolutely perfect copies of the
originals (minus the Lucas lettering on the inside) but other than that
they are PERFECT - they have the correct fit and curvature for the
fenders/wings the only the MG replacements can only dream of - they are $80
a set, (all four corners), enough to do the entire car..A real boon to
those of us that want good rubber seals on the car!
So in case you didn't know -

Do a search on Spitsbits for part number 158565/6 or give him a call