[Spits] spitfire parcel tray supports

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] spitfire parcel tray supports
From: Brian Harlan <brianharlan@scrtc.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 21:54:35 -0600
Would someone please tell me, positively, which way the crash bar
supports for the parcel trays (glove boxes) are installed?

I have bought Spitfires (68, 71, 73, and 76) to restore and for parts,
and sifted through a half dozen others for parts over the years, and I
have seen them installed in every conceivable configuration. So, if you
are positive about the correct installation (please no guess work),
respond with answers.

1. Does the wide side face up or down?
2. Does the parcel tray rivet to the crash bar with the parcel tray's
fiber board on top of the crash bar, or under the lip of the crash bar?
3. Does the crash bar lay on top of the two supports where it attaches
near the center of the instrument panel and at the side wall, or
underneath the two supports?
4. is there a right and a left crash bar or are they interchangeable. If
they are not interchangeable, how do you differentiate between the right
and left one?

If anyone is willing to to take the time to un-jumble my questions and
explain how these things are correctly installed, I would very much
appreciate it. Some close -up pictures would golden, if you could
include them.

Much gratitude to you list members and the list manager.

Brian

Spitfires@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47