Re: [Spits] High compression pistons and smog test

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] High compression pistons and smog test
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 20:59:38 -0400
What am I missing here? B I was under the assumption that the 1976 Spits all
had flat top pistons - yeilding higher compression. B Were the California Spits
different? The info provided on the heads by others responding seems correct
according to my notes. B Is it possible this is a 1975 or 1977 Spit titled as a
1976? B Do the wheels have the "squared oval" holes or the round ones? B I
believe the squared oval holes only came on the 1976 Spits (and some other
Triumph... Marina?) B Maybe the engine was blown up and replaced by a previous
owner?

At any rate, I think you would probably have no trouble running flat top
pistons - whether or not you shave the head, but especially if you don't.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE
NASS Member #31
spitfirejoe@email.com