[Spits] removing oil pan

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] removing oil pan
From: "Dave" <dave@ranteer.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 21:22:23 -0500
75 spitfire

put in a header and a weber

apparently the clearance between the engine and the frame, even with the
engine mounts loosened, was not quite enough.  required a little help.

not such a good idea; you can see on the header the oil, which of course makes
for extra fun while driving.  the leak clearly is right at the joint b
thatbs where the stain starts on the header.

I figure I need to remove the oil pan, possibly straighten it, and put in a
new gasket.

any big deal?  just drain the oil, unbolt the thing, and then the reverse?
torque in any particular order?  anyone know the spec?

just a little gun shy b when I was a teenager I attempted to remove the
oilpan on a slant 6 chrysler, and found that between the steering rack (I
think) and the frame, the oil pan would not come out.  I believe I had to
cancel a date that night because then I had no car.  or at least postpone it.
did not put me in her good stead.  she married someone else . . .

Spitfires@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive