Need LHD driver door mirror

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need LHD driver door mirror
From: Dave_Vrba@mail.sel.sony.com (Dave Vrba)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 12:45:56 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
     Greetings to All:

     Desperately, I've been looking for quite some time now for a
     replacement drivers door outside rear view mirror for my '62 MKII
     Sprite.  The mirror is about 3 1/2" round and attaches to the driver
     door.  None of the obvious places (Moss, JC Whitney, ETC..) can match
     the footprint of the two hole mirror.  I did happen to see the exact
     mirror on a 56 (?) MGA at the Palo Alto, CA rally a month or so ago.
     So I presume this was a dealer added option to many type cars in their
     day.  There are no markings on the mirror at all to suggest a vendor
     or manufacture.

     I have a Microsoft POWERPOINT slide of the mirror footprint. (Two hole
     mount, looks like a tear drop shaped base)  I would be more than happy
     to send it to anyone that may try to help me out.  Any help would be
     greatly appreciated. I'm located in Northern CA. in Dublin, CA.
     (Silicon Valley)  Please call or e-mail if you have a source for me to
     try.

     Thanks,

     David L. Vrba
     408 955-6549  Day