The Saga Continues

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Saga Continues
From: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 97 19:20:18 UT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
After going through everything suggested by this list to try and correct the
constant speed cutting in and out on Bugeye #1, with negative results, I
bought a new Aldon distributor (the original distributor being the only link
left in the chain that was not new) and installed it this morning.  The car
fired right up and ran great so I thought I would give it a spin for a few
miles on the highway to see if this solved the problem.  I got exactly one (1)
mile and it went totally dead. No spark at the points, None, Nada, Nil, Zilch,
Zero...  spark up to the distributor but none at the points. Jumped a wire
around the lead to the distributor directly to the inside connection, no spark
at the points. Seems like nothing works right out of the box anymore. Walked
home got my tools and the old distributor went back to the car, installed the
old one, fired it right up and drove it home.  Just trying to make all of you
with running cars feel good.

Larry Miller