Re: Copyright concerns

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Copyright concerns
From: mumsy <mumford@rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 11:15:53 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm one of those folks who might be tempted to do something just to piss
someone off that I know had a faulty view on something.  I do this in
hopes of flushing out this faulty view and having them realize on their
own that its wrong.

Recently on the MG BBS I have escalated a flame war (private) between
myself and this older fellow (who shall remain nameless - if you're on
the BBS you know) about young drivers and proper driving technique.
This guy is just throwing stuff at me and I don't know where its coming
from.  It's like trying to have a discussion using the rules of formal
logic with my father.  I love my father very much, but we've had some
real good arguments while I was growing up, some of them quite heated.

On this copyright thing, I am going to go out of my way to put Land
Rover logos on my web page now.  I'm going to devote a whole page of
them.  I will e-mail rover and tell them about it, and ask them if
they'd like to sue me.  Perhaps they'll see how silly it is to do what
they're doing.  All we consumers want to do is enjoy our vehicles and it
makes us feel good when the closest resemblence to the marque (Rover)
helps us out.  Ah well.

I say we burn some "pirate" CDs for MG owners and make the distribution
free of charge, so as not to get into selling them.  Just asking for a
contribution for the cost of burning the CDs and distributing them with
the parts on the CD.  Let's get a list together of people who have this
data and get cookin'!  Anyone have a CD burner?  (For those of you who
don't know, "burning CDs" is the term used to create Compact Discs, not
destroy them.)

I have homework to do.  Sometimes I wish I had graduated before I bought
my midget.  It's killing me not having it work.  I dream about driving
it now.  Last night I had a lucid dream about it (you know you're
dreaming while in your dream) and I had a great time.  I knew it wasn't
real, but boy was it fun driving the little guy around campus.
Everybody cheering me on... it was fantastic!  But you have to wake up
sometime.

eric

--
            Eric C. Mumford <=> mumford@rpi.edu