Re: LONG: Chain of events: Dont let this happen to you!

To: jpquinn@cyberramp.net (Jay Quinn)
Subject: Re: LONG: Chain of events: Dont let this happen to you!
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 00:48:43 -0500
Cc: healeys@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jay, I think that must have been my sig line you're talking about.
Actually you are the victim of not only multiple-problem-itis, but also
of while-I'm-at-it-itis - very, very serious condition, but all is not
lost.  I am currently recovering from this condition myself, thanks to a
12-step program, but backsliding is always a fearsome possibility.  This
particular attack of it that you're suffering from could have been
prevented by saying to yourself "only fixing the clutch, nothing else"
over and over again until the engine and tranny are back in the car.
Now, all you can do is finish what you started and put it all back
together and think about what you've learned from this experience.

BTW, you might as well rebuild the clutch master cylinder too, or you'll
just have the same original problem again when you get it all back
together (and the cycle will begin again).

P.S.  I vote against the Midget bashing idea.  Surely somebody can use
some parts or sheet metal or something off the thing.....

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort