Re: Rechroming question.

To: Jeff Church <jchurch@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Rechroming question.
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:54:29 -0600
Cc: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My .02, fwiw.  Look for a plating company or auto restorer and ask
around.  In Racine Wis. I found a guy who works at a plating company who
plates on the side and a buddy polishes.  He's a perfectionist that has
been doing this for 30yrs. (and still alive!)
It took him a couple of time to do a Bugeye grill to his satisfaction,
but it was prepped properly and is done correctly.  It is flawless.  As
a test, because I knew nothing about him, I gave him my worst hubcaps to
do.  They came back perfect.  This is not cheap chrome and is guaranteed
not to rust.  Cost for this side job for grill, and 4 caps was $125.
Moral?  Look around you never know!

Dave Woerpel '59 :()