Re: need advice (kinda long) Thanks

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: need advice (kinda long) Thanks
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 06:38:28 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who wrote me
with support and advice in regards to my mechanic situation.

I'm really swamped with work right now so I can't answer
everyone personally although I wish I could, but I would like
to address two issues here:

The first is in regard to my telling people who the offending
shop is. I feel that at this time it would be unfair and slanderous
to name the shop that I have been dealing with. I do not think
that the assembling of my filter incorrectly was a malicious or
premeditated act, just a mistake that had repercussions which
now need to be rectified.

The second is the "If you want it done right, do it yourself" way
of thinking. We *should* be able to trust those who we hire to
do our work should we decide to go that route. I was a cabinetmaker
for 10 years and I know that I have skills that the weekend warrior
does not posess when it comes to the working of wood. I took a great
deal of pride in my work and never had an unhappy customer. The
same holds true for my current profession. The operative idea here
is having pride in your work, I wish I had found a mechanic who
took pride in his work. If any of us have or do find such a rare bird
they will be truly lucky. I love working on my Midget, but I also use
it as a daily driver and I have a job and a relationship which take up
a good deal of my time so it would be nice to find a mechanic whom I
could trust to take the same pride in his work as I take in mine and
my car.

I'm kinda babbling, but I figured I'd throw that out there.

Thanks,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC
1969 Midget