Re: ALTERNATOR CONVERSION

To: Daryl May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: ALTERNATOR CONVERSION
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:51:24 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daryl May wrote:

> I've been advised to buy a Mitsubishi alternator to replace my generator on
> a Spridget.
>
> I got one at the junkers, it's a good size, and I know I can bolt it in OK,
> and the pulley will even line up nicely.
>
> But the pulley is for a flat belt, and I need a V-belt pulley.
>
> Anyone just HAPPEN to know what pulley will have the same shaft diameter,
> etc?
>
> Daryl

Hi Daryl,

The GM 62 amp alternator will fit also and has a V belt. You might
consider exchanging for one if you can. I can provide the instructions
to put it in.

* Tom Shirley                                             *
* Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)              *
* 72 Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)     71 MG Midget       *
* Visit the Nickel & Dime Racing website at               *
* http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080        *