For PDLJMPR Readers (Spridget Site)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: For PDLJMPR Readers (Spridget Site)
From: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:54:25 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This seems to be the best way to reach everyone at once.  Sorry if you're
not interested - but I did put it in the mail header.

1.      Some people dislike the new automated classifieds, but they are
being used.  The only valid reason I have received is that some of the new
ads are quite lacking in the description area.  (others are quite nice and
even include pics) If you have a Sprite or Midget ad in the automated
classifieds, please review it and edit/add if appropriate.  Phone numbers
are always nice.  I cannot screen them and ask for more info like I used to.
If you need a (as in one) pic scanned for an ad - send an extra photo to me
and I will e-mail the file back to you.  Lets make the new classifieds even
better than the old ones.  Don't forget that the ads are automatically
kicked off after 1 month - so be sure to put them back on if you want them
to stay for another month.

2.      I am now working on updating PDLJMPR with multiple frames,
animation, sound, video, and client-side image mapping - bringing it up to
1997 specs sometime this winter.  I need to know how many visitors are still
using old web browsers that will not do the frames or client-side image
mapping.  Please e-mail me a simple message with the name and version of
your web browser software in the message body.  I will proceed if 75% or
more visitors have the capability.  The others will have to update through
free downloads of software.  I will post instructions on how to accomplish
this when the new format is loaded on the site.  Actually, I think I will
post a test client-side image map on the PDLJMPR Table of Contents soon so
you can try it out.

3.      I am considering personal funding of some PDLJMPR regalia for people
who contribute features and good tech articles for the site.  I also would
be interested in reporting of events and in people to write a regular
column.  I've got to do something to generate new good material - what would
it take to motivate you?  I'm open to suggestions!.....tell me yours.

Regards,

Les Myer
lmyer@qtm.net
67 Sprite