Re: Wiring a distributer

To: Rick & Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring a distributer
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 15:44:23 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Rick & Carolyn wrote:

> > I'm at the dist. now in my wiring harness, and I have a question.  On a
> > positive ground car which is the pos. which is the neg. terminal?  My
> > drawings show only SW and CB, dist. shows + - .  just alittle lost.

SW means SWitch, or ignition switch which on a positive ground car would be
negative.SW is the "hot" side  or - side only on + grd cars. (did I say that
right?)

CB means Contact Breaker (points in American) Which is the ground side of the
coil.
CB is + on a Positive grd car.

For people who still have this coil and have converted to - grd. the above
instructions are reversed. SW>points CB> ignition. Only on Negative grd cars.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites