Re: 12V848E engine questions

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: 12V848E engine questions
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 15:57:41 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Evangelos G. Makris wrote:
> To give you an idea of how sluggish this engine is,
> assuming the tacho shows correct RPM, at 4000 turns,
> vehicle speed is about 95 km/h, heck, my plain 998 A+
> Mini can pass the Sprite anytime !!!

  That's not going to be an engine phenomena though.

  The tach tells you the speed the engine is turning,
and that's the same no matter what engine.

  The ratio of engine speed to vehicle speed is
dependent on the transmission and differential. Most
likely the differential isn't what you are used
to, because as far as I know all fourth gears are
1:1 on all spridgets (and most cars in general).

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada