Weber and Spridget 5 Speed Transmission

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weber and Spridget 5 Speed Transmission
From: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil Profili)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:14:50 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello,

I just discovered the list (I used to be on the Healeys list but got
fed up with there rarely being any 'little' Healey subject matter and
only discovered the other day that there's a Spridget list now).

I am about to get started on my 1966 Sprite and I intend to fit the
Weber DGV carb with a performance exhaust manifold and possible a Kent
camshaft.  My engine is a late 1098.

I was wondering if anyone has tried that combination and what kind of
results they have obtained.

I do intend to replace the 1098 with a 1275 as soon as I can get hold of
one at the right price - but I've decided to go ahead with the 1098 to
at least get the car on the road and to give me some incentive to get
the rest of the work done!

I also intend to fit the 5 speed Datsun gearbox.  Anyone have any
comments on that conversion (good or bad)?

Thanks in advance,

 |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
<||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |
 |`,...____...---"'         \| What's worse - ignorance or apathy?   |
   o    O'                   | Who knows?........Who cares?......    |