Re: Valve Collet 1972 Midget 1275 CC

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, "Chuck Ciaffone" <chuckc@ibm.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Valve Collet 1972 Midget 1275 CC
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 11:44:54 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm presuming that the valve collet is steel of some sort here.  Rather
than trying to find it by looking, just get one of those magnets on a
extension stick, and run it around the area.  Much easier than tring to
find a small part in a dark corner.  and the tool will prove useful again
and again when you drop small parts.

Greg

At 08:55 AM 11/27/97 -0500, Larry Macy wrote:
>On 11/26/97 8:41 PM so and so  Chuck Ciaffone said. (And I quote)
>
>>Hellpp!
>>
>>Just got the first seven valves seated. Popped
>>the last one in, compressed the springs, put in
>>the collets, and SPROINNGG! (the compressor slipped).
>>Somewhere in my garage, in between the camel cricket
>>corpses and the old drill bits, is the missing collet.
>>But after several hours on my knees, I yield. I can not
>>find it.
>>
>>Anybody out there got an extra valve collet for a 1275
>>engine? I'll trade my first born, eunechal, devil-worshipping
>>progenitor for a 1275 valve collet. Well, almost.
>>
>>Serially, folks. Anybody got a valve collet that is sitting
>>around on the dole, collecting social security, clipping
>>coupons?  I can put it to work!
>>
>>chuck
>>--
>>=====================================================
>>
>>chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net
>It has to be there somwhere. Just keep looking.
>Sorry, been there
>Larry Macy
>78 Midget
>
>Try Ted???

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats