Improvements

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Improvements
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 18:17:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi gang

I know I wasn't going to work on the 60 Sprite but I just couldn't rest untill I
worked out at least some problems.
1st, the oil leak/smoke was in fact a bad PCV valve. No more leak/smoke.
2nd, ignition was my own dumb fault, I wired the fuse box wrong. All fixed.
3rd, radiator boil over was just too much coolant. Physics101--water expands
when
heated! duh..........Do Not Fill To The Top When Cold
4th, Brakes..... after coming to the conclusion my master cylinder was at
fault, I
took it out, dis-assembled, found no problems, re-assembled, re-installed,
re-bleed and still had locked up brakes. Next replace the speed bleeders, no
change, Next replace the silicone with DOT 4 brake fluid, big mess, no change.
Now
I'm mad! Read the book...pedal travel adjustment! DUH......check, adjust, all
fixed. Speed bleeders replaced, not the silicone fluid though. The original
m/cyl
rebuilder (me) switched clutch and brake rods, hey it was an honest mistake,
they
look the same but were adjusted differently. All fixed.
5th, Driveshaft knocking on tunnel.....still a problem. U joint is fine, just no
clearance for the Datsun shaft. Anybody else have this problem? If I can get
hold
of a "port-a-power" I can dent the tunnel upwards. My tunnel was never hit or
damaged in any way, I don't understand why it knocks, maybe I did anyother
stupid
thing when installing the 5 speed?
6th, A big hammer servive tool (18G101) fixed the fuel pump.
7th, rust......never sleeps!

Thanks for listening.

--
Frank Clarici