Re: 5-speed conversions and clutch masters.

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: 5-speed conversions and clutch masters.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 18:35:15 -0500
Cc: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>, "Spridget List (E-mail)" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> Phil Vanner asks:

Slave cylinder questions:

I have seen a Big Healey slave on the Datsun 5 speed. The owner said it
needed a bit of fiddling to get it to fit. I did not note the position of
the bleeder. He said it works much more like the original set up. Not as
touchy as the Jap replacment.

BTW, I have a 3/4" Master cyl bore and the clutch is a bit twitchy but not
as bad as I expected. Of course with my "haunted engine" I only managed to
log about 60 miles so far. Hopfully next weekend will see another engine
transplant.

Frank Clarici