Re: Rear Seal Replacement

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear Seal Replacement
From: Lancer7676 <Lancer7676@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 06:31:39 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks to everyone who replied to my request about replacing the rear
transmission seal.  Using the cold chisel and hammer took it right off and I
now have the new one in place.  I did take the liberty to smear a bit of
gasket sealer on the tranny stem before driving the new seal on since that
appeared to be a place that must seal, and the sealer would not interfere with
any movement of the driveshaft.  Thanks a bunch!!!

-----David
     '67 Sprite MKIV, Victoria, aka, Vicky