Re: Weber Help

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Weber Help
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 10:37:37 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Looked at the chart - man, I wish I'd had that when I was doing my first
weber conversion!

Some comments:  No specification or discussion of the bleed back valve.
That's the little valve in the bottom of the float bowl that allows some of
the gas sent by the accelerator pump to "bleed back" into the float chamber.
I always run a "zero" valve - closed off completely - to get maximum effect
of the accelerator pump.  Street cars may need some bleed here.

I use 40 DCOE's on 948 engines.  You give up a little ultimate power but the
smaller size gives higher velocity, and better drivability throughout the range.

Street car conversions often go way too high on two things - choke size and
idle jets.  My rule of thumb is to use the smallest choke size that I think
possibly will work, and to run the smallest idle jets that I possibly can.
Again, this gives better drivability, and better fuel economy, since 90% of
street driving is done on the idle jets only.

Cheers, Brian