Re: Left Lane Cruiser!

To: Bkitterer@aol.com, redlotus@spacey.net
Subject: Re: Left Lane Cruiser!
From: BRUCE48127@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:41:41 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-02-11 04:14:25 EST, Bkitterer@aol.com writes:

<<  Other than crankcase breathers or lack there off, the smog laws in Calif.
 started in 1965 for American cars.  Foreign cars were not subject to these
 laws until 1968 the first model year for the 1275's. >>

1275 Sprite and Migdet production began in December of 1966 for Sprite MkIV
and Midget Mk III 1967 model years. These are the 12CC-DA engines, the good
ones with the nitrited crank.  The next series, the 12CD-DA began production
in Dec. of 1967 for use in 1968 model year cars.  This was the North America
only, emission control version.  The rest of the world got the 12CD-DA, no
emission control version.
This info per Clausager's book, Horler's book, and several others.

<<  For those of use old enough to remember Calif. had different smog
requirements than the rest of the country for a number of years so cars
delivered in other parts of the country could be different, I do not know.>>

Back then, the requirements were all the same.  They became different later,
and still are different.  The industry termonlogy is 49 state legal, or CA
legal.

Can you tell I work in the auto industry?
Bruce Gearns