RE: HELP Steering wheel removal

To: "'spridgets@Autox.team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: HELP Steering wheel removal
From: "William, Roger" <rwilliam@elsikmail.alief.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:32:02 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Soak the hub down with WD-40, wait a few days. Place the nut back on
the threads so that it is flush with the tip of the threads. Enlist
the help of a friend who knows how the hammer properly. One or the
other of you then has to pull really hard on the rim of the steering
wheel while the other places a short block on the top of the nut and
womps it with a hammer. I know this may sound strange but it usually
works for me. Yes, it does get sorta crowded. It works best if the
person doing the pulling is in the seat, even better remove the seat
and sit on the floor.