Re: LBC's SOBRIQUET

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: LBC's SOBRIQUET
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:24:34 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> At 10:20 PM 3/31/98 EST, Rick Moses wrote:
>
> >So.... please quench this yen .... how in the world did all your LBC
pets
> >get their sobriquets???

TARHEELY was my wife's name for the BJ8, since it has spent its whole life
of seven owners in the Tarheel State.  The BJ7 probably doesn't deserve a
name at this point, since it's a basket case that hasn't been on the road
since the early '70s; but I figure naming it will help maintain my resolve
to restore it one day.   HEALEYUM was inspired, of course,  by Amy Turner's
Bugeye HELIUM, and she graciously granted her consent for me to use the
variation on my car.  I thought it was a perfect name.  I didn't have a
good name for the Midget that would fit on a license plate until I clicked
into Adrian Barnes' Midget website.  When the James Bond theme kicked in,
it made me laugh and inspired the name I came up with.  The VIN ends in
"009", so that's what I wanted on the plate.  Unfortunately, the NC DMV
said that plate is reserved for state vehicles, so I had to spell it out.
007 gets the Aston-Martin, and 009 gets a Midget.  Wonder what 008 drives?

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 "HEALEYUM"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain