Did they use Lucas?

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Did they use Lucas?
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 15:14:52 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I just saw this, seems that the new Miata has some trouble with it's wiring
harness.  Maybe they got overzealous in coping whatever LBC they were using
on the new model (I still haven't seen one).  Next thing you know, they will
leak gallons of oil and be able rust in the Saraha!!!

Patton

If this is a dupe message, sorry... I just fixed the trouble I had earlier,
but I think all my messages from the past two days have been lost

---------------------------
IRVINE, Calif. (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp. says it is voluntarily
recalling approximately 1,100 1999-model Miata sports cars for the
inspection and, if necessary, replacement of the fuel injection wiring
harness.
The automaker is taking the unusual step of urging dealers to inspect the
vehicles at the owner's homes or places of business whenever practical and
possible.

Mazda has found that on certain 1999 models the fuel injection wiring
harness may come into contact with the engine manifold. This condition could
cause the wiring harness to develop a short circuit, which could potentially
cause the engine to stall.

Authorized Mazda dealers will handle the inspection and, if necessary,
repair of the fuel injection wiring harness at no cost, the company said
Friday.

While this inspection should take less than 30 minutes, some owners may have
to leave their vehicles at the dealership longer to accommodate dealer
service schedules.

Ford Motor Co. is the largest shareholder of Mazda.
----
Patton Dickson                   Dallas, TX

'67 AH Sprite - http://members.xoom.com/spridget/sprites.html
'65 Corvair Conv. - http://members.xoom.com/spridget/corvair.html