RE: 1275 resurrection

To: "'Mike Gigante'" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: RE: 1275 resurrection
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:33:08 -0700
Cc: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
 Thanks to everyone for the tips. I filled the filter, then poured a
bunch of oil into the block via the side hole, hooked it all back
together and cranked. I had oil shooting out of the side of the block
(pressure gauge hole) in about 4 turns. I connected the pressure gauge
and cranked some more. It shows 75psi right away and is squirting out of
the rocker assembly quite nicely.
 I also learned how to impress the spouse tonight. Have her stand at the
right front wheel admiring your handy work. Overfill the rear dashpot.
Screw down the damper. using a finger, lift up on the piston with a
quick motion. If you time this right you can get her right between the
eyes. I did ! At first she did not appreciate the humor in this action.
I didn't do it on purpose. I think she's warming up though. She did let
me back inside.
 I need to adjust the valves. finish some minor electrical work. fill it
full of coolant and take it for a spin.
 I'll keep that cam seating in mind.