Re: East vs. West/Sports Car Mecca

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: East vs. West/Sports Car Mecca
From: bhndrson@west.net
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 02:04:19 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry Miller wrote:

>Amen to that. I have also noticed that most of the activity is in the
>Mid-East to East. Very rare to see an english car for sale around here
>(California Central Coast). I have not seen one being parted out for at
>least 10 years. More Rolls than Spridgets in this part of CA and it used to
>be a sports car Mecca.

I totally agree that southern California used to have more LBCs than you can
shake a stick at, but they have become rather rare, perhaps exceedingly so.
I would venture a guess that many of the LBCs originally found in the
southwestern United States have been purchased and shipped out of the
country back to Europe and Japan.  Rust is a major factor in purchasing one
of these little beasties and southern California and Arizona have always
been places where people look for a car if they are interested in a good
example.

Bruce Henderson
1969 Sprite