Coils

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Coils
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 07:18:52 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sorry if I am starting up a recent thread, but ...

I just pulled the original coil from my 72 1275. I'm just
sitting here starting at it, and wondering if replacing
it is a good idea. Don't get mw wrong, Junior is running
nicely right now. I just feel(!) that maybe the spark could
be a little hotter.

Looking thru old Moss and VB catalogs tells me that:

A Lucas Sport coil is rated at 40,000 volts
A Bosch Blue coil is rated at about 26,000 volts

Silly question, I know, but is that a good reason to pick
a Lucas over a Bosch?  I mean, Brits don't drink warm beer
because of Bosch refrigerators, now do they?

Further, will either really be a noticable improvement over
a stock coil (or, for that matter, over the original that's
in there now)?

Just wanted to know ...

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net