Re: Termperature gauge

To: "Noel, William M" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Termperature gauge
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:22:27 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bad news, Bill.  The water temp sensor capillary tube on your gauge has
been broken or cut off.  Replacement is a job for the professionals, since
there is a liquid in the tube when it is intact -- it is not just a wire.
When you have them replace the tube, they can test/repair the oil pressure
side of the gauge at the same time.   The copper pipe is correct for the
oil pressure line.  Don't know what the plastic line you have is supposed
to do.

One gauge re-building service is provided by:

Mo-Ma Manufacturing
1321 Second Street N.W.
Albuquerque, NM 87102
505-766-6661 or -5419 (I have two different numbers, not sure which is
correct)

There are several other gauge repair facilities.  I have used West Valley
Instruments in California, and Nisonger has been recommend by others on the
list.  If someone else doesn't come up with an address for you, e-mail me
privately because I do have the info somewhere.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain