Re: Turn Signal Problem

To: Biff Jones <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Problem
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Biff Jones wrote:

> Help!       Up until this morning my turn signals worked.  Today
> if I turn on either signal the opposite side running/parking
> lights blink in sequence with the turn signal side.  If I turn on
> the parking/running lights the turn signals work.  Could I have a
> bad flasher unit? Or could my light switch be shorted internally?

I think that your turn signal circuit and parking light circuits are
connecxted somewhere.  This can happen if a bulb is plugged in
incorrectly, shorting the two contacts in the bulb holder together, or
maybe by massive corrosion in the bulb holders?  I would take all 4 turn
signal bulbs out, check the condition of bulbs and sockets and maybe clean
them up some.

                                                           '67 Sprite