RE: side mirrors

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: side mirrors
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:36:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have a one-hole mirror through one of the windshield post holes.  Mine are in
the front post hole, and I can't get to the back of it. The mirror is a bit
loose on it's stalk and sags easily and I would like to repair or replace it.
Is there a captive nut under there?  Do I merely screw this mirror out and then
put another mirror that is threaded the same in? Any suggestion as to how to
tighten up the ball joint where the mirror attaches to the stalk? The PO
already tried with a bit of wire wrapped around the ball but either it never
worked well or doesn't anymore.

If I take the mirror off I may put the new one in the rear hole where the nut
is accessible.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget