Re: Monterey Car Meet

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Monterey Car Meet
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 24 Apr 1998 19:17:37 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rick/Carolyn wrote:
> Well, I did it again, looking closer I found someone, namely me, left
> the clamps off the bypass hose and every time it got enough pressure to
> burp it did.

This happened to me last year.  Thought I'd have to pull the head.
Tightly twisted bailing wire makes a very good hose clamp and is easy to
fit on there without pulling the head.  Be careful that you tighten it up
evenly around the diameter of the hose.

If you are really patient, you can undo a hose clamp and slip it in
there, but it is much harder to get the strip lined up with the slot and
screw in those quarters.
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG