RE: window wiper strips

To: "'Mike Ellsworth'" <mikeells@shianet.org>
Subject: RE: window wiper strips
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:05:07 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I just did this job on my '64 Mk3 Sprite. Also found it almost impossible to
fit with the new clips I got form Moss (I also have large hands). I was then
told by my local parts guru (who does not sell Moss) that the Moss replacement
clips are not made of the same material as the originals (can't remember what
he said the type of metal was). Anyway, the point being that the Moss pieces
have no "spring" in them, as you open them up to slide them on the window
wipe/door frame, they will not spring back into position and "grab". I ended up
reusing my old clips, which were in good shape anyway.

A word to the wise,

Daniel