Re: Bug won't start

To: Jeff Church <jchurch@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Bug won't start
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:35:31 -0400
Cc: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff

Did your distributor pop out?
I have had that happen to me more then once. Sometimes those old dizzy clamps
loose their clamping ability after 30 something years.
If that is not the case, check the low tension leads on the coil, also make sure
the terminals on the coil are riveted tightly (loose rivet on the coil drove me
crazy for about a week once)
Center carbon in the dizzy cap? Did it fall out, I have seen this too!
and of course, points and condenser troubles especially where they make contact
on the points
(the little nut that holds the wires)
Make sure the small lead from the outside of the dizzy to the points is in good
shape too.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs