Mechanical Fuel Pumps, New vs Original

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mechanical Fuel Pumps, New vs Original
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:56:57 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have in my box of spare parts from the PO a new Moss fuel pump for the
948/1098cg engine.
Since my engine is getting a overhaul as well as my SU's I'm thinking
about installing the replacement pump.
However in checking the catalog I see the repair kit (minor) for the
original pump is about $15 more than a new pump.
Is there any advantage to me rebuilding the original pump if it needs it
versus installing the new one. Does this cost me some originality
points?

Fred Krampits
1963 Midget MK I 1098CG