Re: Rear Gear Tooth Count 4 Ratio?

To: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Gear Tooth Count 4 Ratio?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 17:42:38 -0400
Cc: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Jay Quinn wrote:

> Is it possible for me to count the number of teeth
> on the ring as well as the pinion gears and come up
> with the ratio?
>
> If so, then whats the ring gear and pinion gear
> tooth count numbers to determine the ratio for 4.22:1,
> 3.9:1 and 3.7:1?
>
> TIA,

Jay

>From the book......these numbers are stamped on the diffs.
4.22 diff....BTA 539
3.90 diff....BTA 1223
3.727 diff..BTA 535
No listing on the 4.55 diff
limited slip diff...C-BTA1226.

This sure beats the way I used to check them, mark the input and output, turn
the input and count how many times the output went around.
4 and almost 1/4 = 4.22
almost 4 (3.9) = 3.9
3 3/4 = 3.77.

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs