Re: rod bolts

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rod bolts
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 4 May 1998 00:19:33 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank Clarici wrote:
> The rod bolts are a bit difficult to fit, stock or ARPs.  I would not
> recommend the temperature trick, I use one of them hard plastic hammers
> (service tool 18g-101) and a piece of wood to drive in the rod bolts

Frank,

Thanks for the info.  Glad to hear my experience is "normal".  Could you
explain why you prefer pounding the bolts in over temperature tricks?  I
figured I would heat the rods to about 200 degF and chill the bolts in
the freezer, then assemble.  I would probably reserve final torquing
until temps had returned to room temperature.
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG